Pages

Donnerstag, 17. Juli 2014

Yes, it hurts...

...to test a 100 year old hatpin on your finger!
But I am sooo delighted! My new old hatpins arrived yesterday and I am eager to share them with you!

Look at this!!!



The pin length varies from 24 to 32cm and I guess they date back to 1905 to 1915.
More detailed:



 The golden one is the shortest pin with "only" 24cm. I think it looks quite nice with a straw hat.


This one is utterly utterly awesome!!!!

I tried hard to capture the tiny details and I must confess that I only noticed today that there are 10 very very small embossed peacocks framing each stone!!!!! And you can see the even smaller feathers which vary from 9 to 11 feathers per bird. I am so fascinated by this and can hardly believe that I bought these pieces for the bargain they were...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

fashion plate