Pages

Sonntag, 28. Juni 2015

The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

Last week I was surprised with my first ever Blog Award! And not just one, but two!
Both Nessa of The Sewing Empire and Ségolène of Dentelles et Macramés nominated my blog for the
"The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award".
Thank you so much Nessa and Ségolène!!! This was truly a surprise and I am so happy, that you like my sewing adventures so much to honor me with an Award for it!


 


The Award Rules are the fallowing:

1.Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site
2.Put the Award logo on your blog.
3.Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4.Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer
5.Nominate ten blogs.

Since this Award has been given to all of my favourite costume bloggers these past few weeks, I will not continue nominating.
 Vanessas questions to me:


1. How long have you been blogging?
 I started my Blog in November 2013 to have a way to submit to The Historical Sew Forthnightly aside from Facebook. And also to show off my work since most of my friends and family don't share my enthusiasm for historical costumes and sewing.

2. What is / are your favorite topics to blog about?
 My favourite posts are those about finished items. These are the ones you'll find the most on my blog.

3. Do you have a favorite book and or author? And what do you love the most about them?
I read very much! Usually romance novels of all kinds. I do not have a favourite author. My last books to read were:
Jane Costello's "The Love Shack"
Marian Keyes "The Woman who stole my Lifw"
Cecilia Ahern's "The Year I met you"

4. Which is / are your favorite historical (sewing) periods?
I love the Natural Form Era! All the beautiful dresses with these HUGE trains! I LOVE trains!

5. Do you have a piece of clothing in your wardrobe that you really love?
I have many items I am really proud of! The item that makes me really happy every time I see it is this one:

http://zeitenzauberin.blogspot.de/search/label/1776%20Stays

6. Which sewing / crafting technique would you love to learn?
Making Bobbin Lace! My equipment is almost complete, so maybe I'll try to learn it someday in the future...

7. If a time traveler offered to take you anywhere in time and space, where would you go?
 19th century England, please! The ultimate age of Corsetry (and I love all kinds of corsetry) ! I couldn't decide on a decade, though...
I love
the simple cut of the teen years,
the padded hems of the 20s,
he sleeves (omg the sleeves!!!) of the 30s,
the bonnets (and caps) of the 40s,
the amount of petticoats in the 50s,
the crinolines of the 60s,
the gorgeous trains (especially the long and ruffled ones) of the 70s,
the bustles of the 80s
and finally the hats of the 90s.

8. Describe your ideal dress fabric.
Silk taffeta is my favourite. Unfortunately it isn't exactly cheap, so I don't use it very often. It has all qualities I want in a fabric: It is natural fibre, a good level off stiffnes and you can get it in many colours and designs. It is also quite easy to work with.

9. Which is your most important sewing or crafting tool?
My beloved sewing machine!

10. Are you more of a lace or a ruffle person?
 Lace. and Ruffles. Ruffles of Lace. All of it please!

 Ségolènes questions were in french originallly. I don't speak french, so I asked my sister to translate them for me:

1. Which movie inspired you the most?
When I watched Sissi as a little girl I was so in awe of all the beautiful dresses that I could never forget about them. So I learned how to make them myself:-)

2. If you were a costume, which one would you be?
A trained Ballgown of the late 1870s. Did I mention I love trains???

3. Which time period is your favourite?
The Natural Form Era - see above.

4. Which recently read book inspired you?
Reading is not the right word for it, since it contains mostly drawings. Nancy Bradfield's "Costume in Detail" is like a magnet to stick to. After I finished it I had like 15 new projects in mind that I just *have* to make!

5. What made you learn sewing?
When I was young my mother made a lot of clothing for me and my sisters herself. When I was about 12 years old I wanted to use her machine (sick of handsewing already back then;-)), so she teached me to sew on it (an old Bernina she inherited from her grandma). My first machine sewn Project was a fleece jumper and I wore it proudly until it "died" a few years after.

6. What is the item I would never part with?
Not an item, but my bunny Michel:


7. Which exhibition was your last to see?
I don't go to exhibitions often. Usually on vacation only... My last trip of that kind was to paris in 2012 and I visited Versailles with a friend. Not an exhibition exactly, but still something one has to see in person once. It was so amazing to see the buildings, furniture, art and the beautiful gardens.

I will return in costume one day!


1 Kommentar:

  1. You're very welcome, Britta. And it's good to see Michel again. :)

    AntwortenLöschen

fashion plate