Donnerstag, 1. Mai 2014

Another Belle Epoque Hat

When I started my first Belle Epoque Hat I also started this one, which was included in the Lynn McMasters Pattern Package. It has a very beatifully curved brim I am very excited about.

This is how far I got:

 These are the pattern pieces. This time the brim contains two pieces. The small one will be the curvy piece of the brim.

I cut a fairly high crown side piece so I can chose the hight of the crown later.
 The lines on the brim piece indicate where the waves will be.


Millinery wire is sewn to the outer and inner edge of the brim. I think the wire on the inner edge is supposed to support the curvy part, which was actually very difficult to form.
But in the end it turned out very nice.




This is where I ran out of wire and the brim has been stored in a box waiting to get a crown ever since...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

fashion plate